Tuesday, February 08, 2011

lomography?

I wanted to try my hand at photography and stumbled upon lomography. I really liked the unique images and quirkiness of the medium, so I asked Santa for a retro Diana F+ camera set (and i got it!). It included a variety of lenses, a giant flash with colored inserts, a book, and instructional posters with sweet photos all over them. I was really excited. However, when I got my first roll of film back, I discovered that it wasn't as easy as they made it look. Now the photos are supposed to be a bit blurry and grainy, out of focus; it's part of their charm. But getting an awesome photo seems to be a lot about luck. Maybe I just need to adjust my expectations.


Here's a couple from the very first roll that turned out ok.
double exposure, my favorite

with the "splitzer"
with flash


action


The second roll has been developed, I just need to figure out a way to scan the negatives. Maybe I'll get the hang of it after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you have to say about that?